- Christmas celebrations are quite similar in the variety to America.
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Friday, December 6, 2013
Thursday, December 5, 2013
- 16 ounce package fresh California strawberries, washed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons honey, or
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips, to decorate
- On a cutting board, slice the stem off the strawberry (try to cut it as “flat” as possible since the Santa-berries will use that as a base).
- Cut the top third of the strawberry, this will be used as the “hat”.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, honey or powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mixture will be thick so it’s best that the cream cheese really is at room temperature.
- Place creamed mixture inside a zip bag (or a piping bag) and snip one corner off. Make this first cut a bit larger since you are filling the “faces” first.
- Top strawberry base with cream mixture, top with the strawberry hats, and squeeze additional mixture on top of the hat.
- Next, snip the opposite corner or the bag (or change your piping tip) and make a smaller opening. Use this end to decorate “Santa’s” jacket buttons.
- Use mini chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles to decorate Santa’s eyes. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Leave a comment with your favourite recipe
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
My Grandpa is not doing so well
He has had 5 heart attacks in 7 days, he is 73 years old.
Please say a prayer for him, he is on his way tomorrow morning to St John's for a dye test, my Dad is with him tomorrow, my parents are both exhausted from all the hospital visits etc, we need my grandpa to be better NOW.
Please keep him in your prayer
Day 4 of 30 days of Christmas